HISTORICAL NOVEL SOCIETY AUSTRALASIA
8th - 10th SEPTEMBER 2017
IDENTITY: ORIGINS AND DIASPORA
A weekend conference ticket entitles the holder to attend 19 panels in the two conference streams and 3 panels in the academic programme held on Saturday 9th–Sunday 10th September 2017, at Swinburne University AMDC Building, Hawthorn, Melbourne. Due to limited seating, places must be booked for the free academic sessions.
In addition to the weekend conference ticket, there are options to purchase tickets to social events, super sessions, manuscript assessments, and enter the First Pages Pitch Contest and HNSA Short Story Contest.
Many ticket types can be added to a shopping cart via the Trybooking system to be completed as one summed transaction. Therefore, the tickets have been grouped into the following categories for ease of navigation of selection:
Full Price and Discounted Tickets
- Full Price Weekend Programme $280.00 (available from 1st July 2017)
- Full Price Opening Reception $60.00 (available from 1st July 2017)
- Saturday Day Only $140.00 (available from 19th February 2017)
- Sunday Day Only $140.00 (available from 19th February 2017)
- Conference Dinner $75.00 (available from 19th February 2017)
- Concession Weekend $252.00 (10% discount) (available from 1st July 2017)
- Student Weekend $140.00 (50% discount) (available from 19th February 2017)
- Weekend Programme with Gift/Promotion Code $235.00 (10%) (available from 1st July 2017)
- Super Sessions $20 (available from 19th February 2017)
- Research and Writing Super Session $150 (available from 19th February 2017)
- Manuscript Assessments $180 (available from 19th February 2017)
- HNSA First Pages Pitch Contest $15 (available from 19th February 2017)
- HNSA Short Story Contest $10 (available from 19th February 2017)
Early bird tickets will be available until 30 June 2017 or until Early Bird tickets are sold out
- Early Bird Weekend Programme $238.00 (15% discount off the full price of $280.00)
- Early Bird Opening Reception $51.00 (15% discount off the full price of $60.00)
Only one Gift/Promotion Code will be applied per transaction. Early Bird counts as a Gift/Promotion so no further discount will be applied.
YOUR TICKET NUMBER IS DISPLAYED BELOW THE BARCODE ON THE PRINT VERSION.
How do I purchase a ticket?
- Click on the BUY TICKETS button on our website and the Trybooking landing page will open.
- If you select a BUY TICKETS link embedded within a description of the Academic Programme, Manuscript Assessments, First Pages Pitch Contest, Short Story Contest, or Super Sessions – the landing page for the appropriate category of sessions will display first
- If you select any other BUY TICKETS link on our website, then the landing page for ‘HNSA Conference 2017 – Main Programme and Social Events’ category of sessions will display
- If you select a BUY TICKETS link on the HNSA main menu or website sidebar, that link will bring you back to this page for a full description of our ticketing
- Click on the BOOK NOW button and the ticketing page will open with a menu of events/sessions for that category
- Next to each event/session is the ‘Status’, i.e. the number of remaining tickets.
- Browse the list of events/sessions. To select an event/session to add to your shopping cart, click SELECT next to the desired event/session.
- The selected event/session will be displayed at the bottom of the page, with a brief description.
- Use the ‘-‘ and ‘+’ buttons to confirm how many tickets for that event/session you wish to book, and select NEXT.
- Complete the dietary information field if it displays for the event Select NEXT.
- Note: a dietary information field will be displayed for each ticketed person you’ve selected on the previous screen
- Review your order in your Shopping Cart and, where applicable, enter your voucher code into the ‘Gift/Promotion Code’ field
- From the Shopping Cart page:
Click BUY MORE TICKETS below your tickets to select more tickets for the category you selected initially.
Click FIND OTHER EVENTS to browse all HNSA categories and add further sessions or events to your cart.
(At the Shopping Cart, when you are ready to complete your bookings)
- Enter your Booking Details.
- Enter your Payment Details.
- Click the Tick this box… to be kept on our mailing listing for future HNSA events
- Agree to the conditions of purchase by clicking Continue.
- Select PURCHASE.
- You will be issued a booking ID for the transaction with a link to print your ticket/s. A confirmation email also will be sent to your nominated email address with an order summary, receipt, and a link to your tickets to print. YOUR TICKET NUMBER IS DISPLAYED BELOW THE BARCODE ON THE PRINT VERSION. Please print the ticket(s) and bring them with you when you arrive at the Registration Desk at HNSA 2017 Conference in Melbourne
Note: Due to the Trybooking system, tickets may display times that vary from between 1-3 minutes from the advertised time of an event or session on the HNSA website. Please refer to the 2017 HNSA programme for official times.
There are numerous sessions that need to be booked separately. Where spaces are limited, tickets can be purchased until all available spaces are taken. These sessions include:
- Super Sessions
- Manuscript Assessments
- First Pages Pitch Contest Entry
Call for Academic Papers
Persons submitting abstracts for ‘Bio-fiction: Can you Defame the Dead? And ‘The Lie of History’ are not required to purchase conference tickets as a pre-condition to submission. However, only successful applicants will be granted a free Day Only ticket to the relevant panel session to present their papers.
General admission to the Academic Programme is included in the price of a Weekend Conference ticket or Day Only ticket. Due to limited seating capacity, places must be booked via the Trybooking system until all available spaces are taken.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets are sold in the expectation that the purchaser intends to attend the ticketed event or session. Tickets, once purchased, are non-refundable unless the individual event or session is cancelled.
If a ticket is selected, but payment via Trybooking is not made, HNSA reserves the right to cancel that ticket to release it to another potential attendee.
Receipt of a confirmation email from Trybooking constitutes confirmation that the ticket has been validly issued.
HNSA reserves the right to revise the times of events, weekend programme panels and all ancillary sessions. Ticket holders for ancillary sessions will be notified of the change, and if unable to attend at the revised time, will have their money refunded on request. Any revisions to times will be updated on the website.
If you have any queries about an event or the terms & conditions under which tickets are being sold, please Contact Us.
Tickets to the Weekend Conference
Purchase of an ‘Early Bird Weekend’, ‘Full Price Weekend’, ‘Student Weekend’ or ‘Concession Weekend’ ticket entitles the ticketholder to the following inclusions at the Swinburne University AMDC Building, Hawthorn, Melbourne on Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th September 2017:
- Plenary sessions and all panels conducted in Stream 1 in the Main Auditorium
- All panels conducted in Stream 2 on Level 5
- Academic programme (limited seating capacity)
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch
- Access to designated breakout areas, book shop and book signing areas
Purchase of the ‘Saturday Day Only’ or ‘Sunday Day Only’ tickets provides the same access as the above ticket types, but for the specified day only.
‘Early Bird Weekend’, ‘Early Bird Opening Reception’, ‘Student Weekend’ and ‘Weekend Programme with Gift/Promotion Code’ are defined as limited issue tickets sold at a discounted rate following the official launch of ticket sales. The HNSA Committee reserves the right to:
- Vary the cut-off date of the ‘Early Bird’ period.
- Vary the number of tickets being sold as ‘Early Bird’.
‘Full Price Weekend’ is defined as the standard ticket type to the conference.
‘Concession Weekend’ and ‘Student Weekend’ tickets are sold to individuals who conform to the following conditions:
- ‘Concession Weekend’ is defined as a ticket sold to an individual who holds a valid concession card (Refer to the Department of Human Services website for a list of recognised concession card types). Proof must be produced at the Registration desk when registering at the Conference. Otherwise, the Full Price Weekend Ticket price will be charged instead.
- ‘Student Weekend’ is defined as a ticket sold to a school student or undergraduate/post graduate student of a tertiary institution. Proof must be produced at the Registration desk when registering at the Conference. Otherwise, the Full Price Weekend Ticket price will be expected.
Purchase of the above ticket types excludes access to social events and special sessions*. Those events and sessions require purchase/booking of the appropriate ticket.
Only one Gift/Promotion Code will be applied per transaction.
Social Events Tickets
Tickets are sold separately to the respective social events. A holder of a ticket to the Weekend Conference is not automatically entitled to attend any of the social events.
- ‘Early Bird Opening Reception’ and ‘Opening Reception’ entitles the ticket holder to attend the opening reception including cocktail party, book launch and round table to be conducted in the Level 3 Foyer and Auditorium of the AMDC Building, Swinburne University, Hawthorn, Melbourne on Friday 8th September 2017
- ‘Conference Dinner’ entitles the ticket holder to attend the conference dinner to be held at the Glenferrie Hotel (324 Burwood Highway, Hawthorn) on Saturday 9th September 2017
- All seats at the conference dinner will be unallocated, with seats available on a first-come, first-served basis at the dinner venue.
Tickets to Super Sessions, First Pages Pitch Contest, Manuscript Assessments and HNSA Short Story Contest Entries
*Special sessions are defined as Super Sessions, Manuscript Assessments and First Pages Pitch Contest.
Tickets are sold separately to the respective special sessions and to the HNSA Short Story Contest.
To purchase a ticket for a special session, or to enter the HNSA Short Story Contest, the ticket holder MUST also purchase a ticket to the Weekend Conference (whether Full Price Weekend Programme, Early Bird Weekend Programme, Concession Weekend or Student Weekend) or a conference Day ticket (to cover the relevant day upon which that special session is conducted).
HNSA reserves the right to cancel any special session ticket and refund the payment if the ticket holder does not purchase an appropriate Weekend conference ticket or conference Day ticket.
HNSA reserves the right to refuse an entry to the HNSA Short Story Contest if the entrant does not purchase an appropriate Weekend conference ticket or conference Day ticket. The entry fee is non-refundable.
The HNSA Committee reserves the right to cancel any special session ticket and refund the payment if the purchaser does not fulfil the conditions listed in the special session description on the website.
Call for Academic Papers
Persons submitting abstracts in response to a call for papers are not required to purchase conference tickets as a pre-condition to submission. However, only successful applicants will be granted a free Day Only ticket to the relevant panel session to present their papers. Unsuccessful applicants will be required to meet the general admission guidelines below.
General admission to the Academic Programme is included in the price of a Weekend Conference ticket or relevant Day Only ticket. Due to limited seating capacity, places must be booked via the Trybooking system until all available spaces are taken.
For information about the 2017 Programme, see here.
For information about the 2017 Speakers’ List, see here.