25-27 OCTOBER 2019
WESTERN SYDNEY UNIVERSITY, PARRAMATTA
Celebrate historical fiction at HNSA Sydney 2019!
This year, historical fiction authors and readers will gather for another interactive three-stream program on the weekend of 26-27 October. For 2019, there’s also a Craft & Publishing day on Friday 25 October with top class tutors offering writers a wide range of expertise.
Our Guest of Honour is Jackie French. Keynote speaker Paula Morris will address our theme of History Repeats. We’ll be discussing great reads, inspiration, writing craft, research, and publishing pathways. And there’ll be a sword fight or two!
You can hear and see over 60 speakers showcased include Kate Forsyth, Sophie Masson, Catherine Jinks, Marie Munkara, Lucy Treloar, Robert Gott, Pamela Hart, Nicole Alexander, Jane Caro, Alison Goodman, Michelle Aung Thin, Kelly Gardiner, Meg Keneally, Ali Alizadeh, and so many more.
Early Bird registration ends on 31 July 2019.
Learn more and book your tickets now!
- Saturday 26 October Program
- Sunday 27 October Program
- Sunday 27 October Academic Program
- Friday 25 October Workshops
- Friday 25 October Research & Writing Masterclass
- Friday 25 October Manuscript Assessments
- Saturday 26 October Conference Dinner
- The ARA HNSA Short Story Contest
- First Pages Pitch Contest
- Historical Re-enactments & Weapon Displays.
The conference is graciously hosted by Western Sydney University’s Writing & Society Research Centre at its Parramatta campus. Here’s all the information you need to enjoy the conference:
Our official bookseller, Berkelouw, will be ready to provide you with your new favourite reads.
Sign up for updates here: