HISTORICAL NOVEL SOCIETY AUSTRALASIA
8th - 10th SEPTEMBER 2017
IDENTITY: ORIGINS AND DIASPORA
Saturday 9th September 2017
First Pages Pitch Contest
The First Pages pitch contest will be conducted during Session Six 3.35 – 5.00pm on Saturday 9th September in At First Glance: Initial Words that Attract a Publisher’s Attention.
Our judges are Alison Green (Pantera Press), Sophie Masson (Eagle Books), Mandy Brett (Text Publishing). Rachel Nightingale will act as narrator.
The ‘first page’ pitches of aspiring authors will be read by a narrator to industry experts who will provide a critique of chosen submissions. The session will also provide other attendees with a chance to learn what attracts the attention of agents and publishers when seeking new historical fiction.
Entrants will remain anonymous other than the winner.
- Free associate membership of the Australian Society of Authors
- Limited edition of Mikhail Strogoff by Jules Verne and original 19th century print of Russian life
Please email the following documents marked ‘HNSA First Pages’ to email@example.com by Midnight 25 August 2017 AEST*
- Cover sheet with your name and receipt numbers for your HNSA 2017 conference and First Pages tickets
- First 500 words from your manuscript
- 50 word synopsis
- Include your title in the file name
- Do not place your name on the excerpt
Purchase of a weekend conference or day ticket is a precondition to booking a pitch.
*HNSA reserves the right to refund your money and allocate your place to the next person in the waiting list if the deadline is not met.
Preference will be given to early bird registrants.
Limit: 10 persons