Join us this winter for the HNSA 2022 Online Program of Workshops and Chat Salons featuring an exciting line-up of authors and industry professionals. It’s the perfect way to spend those chilly August days.
Please note the workshops and salons will not be recorded for reasons of preserving privacy and intellectual property.
Workshop Weekend: 6 & 7 August 2022
Our HNSA 2022 Online Workshop Weekend will run on Saturday and Sunday (6 & 7 August) with four 3 hour workshops featuring:
- The Art and Carpentry of Fiction with Kathryn Heyman
- Parallel Narratives with Ella Carey
- Editing with Elena Gomez
- Research and Fieldwork with Mirandi Riwoe
Places are limited to 16 people per workshop, so book early to ensure your spot.
Price: $120 per workshop
Duration: 3 hours
Chat Salons: Every Friday in August 2022
Last year, HNSA introduced chat salons where participants could connect with authors in a Zoom chat room to discuss history, books, and the writing craft. The salons were so popular we’re continuing the fun in 2022. The sessions are informal and designed for you to ‘get to know’ an author from the comfort of your own home. You can converse directly to them, communicate via the chat function, or simply ‘lurk and listen’. Whatever suits!
Our Chat Salons will run for an hour on Friday nights at 7.30pm throughout August, so it’s the ideal time to get cosy with your choice of tipple and join the discussion about your favourite time periods and topics with some of Australia’s best authors.
The 2022 Chat Salons include:
- 5 August 2022: Kate Forsyth (WW2 -Europe and the ANZACs)
- 12 August 2022: Madison Shakespeare (First Nations History)
- 19 August 2022: Anne Gracie (Regency and Georgian)
- 26 August 2022: Nicole Alexander (Victoriana and Colonial Australia)
Price: $30 per salon