The Historical Novel Society Australasia blog is at http://hnsaustralasia.blogspot.com.au/. Please find below short excerpts of our latest blogs.
- Transit - by Lauren Chater, which won second place in the HNSA 2017 Short Story Prize May 20, 2018Today we shine a spotlight on Lauren Chatter's short story, "Transit", which won second place in the HNSA 2017 Short Story Competition and was recently published in Swinburne University's literary journal Backstory. "Transit" was inspired by the actions of two men, Jeremiah Horrocks and William Crabtree, who were the first to record the transit of Venus which […]Historical Novel Society Australasia
- The Call of Stars - Eleanor Limprecht's winning entry in the HNSA short story competition May 13, 2018Today, we shine a spotlight on the winning story in our HNSA 2017 Short Story Competition. Eleanor Limprecht's short story, "The Call of the Stars", was originally written as part of Long Bay, a novel based on the true story of a young woman named Rebecca Sinclair who ended up in Long Bay Women’s Reformatory in 1909 […]Historical Novel Society Australasia
- Australia's Gold Rush and Colonial Architecture by Michael Beashel November 13, 2017Our guest author today is Michael Beashel. Michael is Sydney-born and his Irish forebears immigrated to New South Wales in 1863 and settled in Millers Point. He spent his youth in Bondi, is married with adult children and lives in Sydney’s inner-west. Michael was head of Asset Development for a global accommodation services company registered […]Historical Novel Society Australasia
- Gillian Pollack's wrap up of her HNSA Conference masterclasses September 24, 2017Dr Gillian Polack is a Medieval historian and has PhDs in both History and Creative Writing. She researches how history and fiction interface and has a strong interest in how genre narratives operate. She has also been a reviewer, critic and non-fiction writer and an award judge. Gillian's latest novel is The Wizardry of Jewish […]Historical Novel Society Australasia
- 2017 HNSA MELBOURNE CONFERENCE September 24, 2017Join our celebration!On the weekend of 8th – 10th September 2017, the Historical Novel Society Australasia (HNSA) is holding its Melbourne conference at Swinburne University, Hawthorn, exploring the theme of Identity: Origins and Diaspora. Our full programme can be found at our website. Kate ForsythOver 60 fabulous speakersIn a celebration of the historical fiction genre, […]Historical Novel Society Australasia